Weight loss is one of the most common problematic issues many people face today. Although there’s a variety of diet plans and fitness programs out there, many people still struggle with the battle of the bulge. It is a fact that both men and women can suffer from being overweight. And the long-term adverse health effects of staying overweight are quite substantial.
Although it’s rumored that the male gender can lose weight faster than women, in reality they can gain it back just as quickly. A diet consisting of over-eating fatty foods, or being laissez-faire regarding exercising are all common reasons men struggle with weight. Experts say that most men don’t even recognize their lack of effort to lose weight is often times the problem.
Here are some simple weight loss tips for men to help get rid of that extra weight:
• Engaging in high-intensity workouts to stimulate the metabolism is important in order to meet weight loss goals.
• Avoiding consumption of sugary sports drinks and snacks post workout, instead opting for high-protein and healthy complex carbohydrates.
• Get a decent night’s sleep.
• Eat a balanced, healthy diet rich in nutrients. Indulge in high-fiber foods, more veggies, and stop eating until you feel “full”.
• Consume less alcohol and soda. Drink more water! It helps to keep the body hydrated, which helps substantially in weight loss.
• When exercising, opt for a higher intensity workout that includes weight lifting which helps to boost one’s metabolism and burn fat. Also, train with a partner if you can. The accountability and support system of having someone to work with during an exercise routine can be extremely beneficial.
Although good diet and exercise are primarily important to losing weight, there are other things that can be keenly effective too. Reducing the amount of stress is extremely helpful in maintaining a healthy body weight. Doctors have noted that when someone is experiencing anxiety that high levels of the stress hormone cortisol rises up in the body. This in turn contributes to weight gain. Joining a yoga class and learning Tai Chi breathing can be helpful to reducing stress. Another good valuable tip to help the new routine stick is to taking “selfies” regularly to record weight loss progress in a body journal. This can be very useful for keeping a record throughout the weight loss program, as well as being good motivation to continue in taking off the pounds.